- They are foul and sweaty, like troll farts. (True)
- They use small hollowed-out mountains as brewery vats [ +Joachim Heise ] . (True-ish. The brutes periodically flood certain caverns with wort. The flora of the caves give their brews unique properties.)
- A Giant's belch is like the roar of a lion. (True)
- The drunker the Giant becomes the bigger they get. It's said that if a Booze Giant were to ever sober up, they would be the size of a halfling. [ +Delos Adamski ] (Unknown. No one has ever seen a Booze Giant even approach sobriety.)
- They tend to alternate between extreme violence and loud, incoherent melancholy. (True.)
- Booze Giant shamans are master brewers, each one specializing in a different alcoholic intoxicant. [ +Michael Fuller ] (False. Despite many legends to the contrary, the potency and flavor of their brews are accident of cavern flora and stolen grains.)
- They bully smaller creatures into stealing rye from human fields so that they may brew their strange intoxicants. (True. However, they're willing to use any grains or fruits to cop a buzz.)
- Individually, Booze Giants are not terrible opponents in battle. They pack one hell of a wallop, but are slow and clumsy. (True. Though, they are absolute hell on fortified positions.) [ +J B Bell ]
- Booze Giants rarely parley and never barter. (False. If they are sad and find a sympathetic ear, they're far too willing to talk. Fun fact, they're close talkers. [ +Aaron Carlson ] Booze Giants are willing to trade away almost anything for stout Dwarven spirits.]
- Their eyes are rheumy and unfocused. (True. Not only are they naturally myopic, they're constantly cross-eyed drunk.)
Booze Giant Quick Stats -
Size - 12' - 16' tall.
Hit Dice - 1d4+3 .
THAC0 - 19. [Strikes as a Creature of 2 HD]
AC - 7 .
# Attacks - 1 or 2 (Club or Fist/Fist or Fist/Stomp)
Range - Melee or 30-60-90 yards for club (see below).
Damage - 1d10+3 - Big-ass Club (always a wild swing or angry hurl).
or 1d6+3 - Fists (only throw haymakers).
or 2d10 - Stomp (only prone/supine opponents, +2 to hit).
Successful Melee attacks knock Normal size opponents down on 1in6, Small on 2in6.
Typically encountered in packs of 3d4.
When encountering Booze Giants roll 1d6 :
1-2 → Sad.
3-4 → Sleeping.
5-6 → Angry.
My thanks to everyone who contributed, I've attempted to place your names close by your contributions.