Sunday, November 11, 2012

Getting Started

What's all this about?

This is the beginning of Violent Media. This blog will serve as my own personal mouthpiece for all things relating to Pen and Paper Roleplaying Games. I'll be leaving haphazard advice, personal musings, and odd bits of useful gaming material.

Who am I?

I'm a 28 year old nerd who's been playing Roleplaying Games since before THAC0 was an antiquated curse word. I've been GMing RPGs off and on for more than a dozen years. I'm an unashamed simulationist and I hate any mechanic that causes a player to make a decision not being made by his character. I am fond of elegant simplicity in game mechanics. The kind of mechanics that put as little pressure as possible on one's suspension of disbelief. I'm also fond of esoteric discussions of RPG theory, but nothing beats the thrill of actually running or playing.

What else is it about?

For the last three years I've been sporadically building and refining Grit, my very own roleplaying game system. Recently I've decided to work diligently towards self-publishing it. This Blog will also record my steps forward in this so-far-wonderful and quite-likely-foolhardy endeavor.

Until next time potential readers, may you roll max crits in times of need and always remember all your bonuses to hit.